Safeguarding Online™ teaches you how to keep our children safe from abuse and teaches you how to protect yourself from false allegations of abuse. The step-by-step courses are interactive and easy to understand. The program is Internet-based so you can access it anytime, from anywhere. You just logon to the Internet (preferably with a high-speed connection) and complete your courses.
Which courses do I need to take?
Sam is a sex offender. In this course, he tells you how he gets away with it—in programs just like yours. You learn the types of sexual abusers and the methods they use to get their own needs met. You also learn how to spot interactions between adults and children that may indicate danger. (.5 CEUs)
It Happened to Me
In this course, you hear children and adults describe the devastating effects abuse has had on their lives. You learn about the prevalence of abuse and specific characteristics that may put some children at higher risk of abuse. (.5CEUs)
Keeping Your Church Safe
Children come to us throughout the day, week after week, month after month, year after year. They expect to learn about God, have fun, make friends, practice skills, and grow in faith. They expect to be safe. In this course, you will learn when and where abuse is most likely to occur in church programs, the steps you can take to keep children safe, and how you can protect yourself from false allegations of abuse. (.5CEUs)
Diocese of Florida Policies
This course outlines our policies relevant to the prevention of abuse. To complete the course, you must indicate that you have read, understand, and agree to comply with these policies.
How do I logon?
1. Contact Dana Whitelaw to receive your logon and password email@example.com or 904-269-3718
2. Using a high-speed Internet connection, go to www.Safeguardingonline.org.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
4. Click on “Click here to login and begin Safeguarding Online
5. Enter your login and password and click “Submit.”
6. Click on the title of the course to begin the training.There will be 4 SafeGuarding Modules. You do not have to take all in one sitting; you can log back in and finish at your leisure
8. Once you are finished, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Your certificate information will be printed or emailed to you
10. Return the paperwork at your earliest convenience
Contact our Safeguarding Online Administrator, Dana Whitelaw < email@example.com> or 904-269-3718